Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Let's run a marathon!

I am not sure when I made up my mind that even though I found such a passion for running that I could never run a marathon.  26.2 is about my drive to work and I could never imagine running there!  I never considered myself strong enough mentally or physically to take on such a challenge.  But then something changed... I read a book about many different women just like me who started running and fell in love.   Some of the women I read about had many more challenges than I currently have in my life and no matter what, they all achieved their goals~ whether it was a 5K, Half Marathon, whole or even an ultra, they put themselves on the starting line and went for it, believing in themselves and never looking back.

I realized the only reason I couldn't run a marathon is because I didn't think I could.  Only fear was holding me back so I have decided to let go, put myself on the line and take a scary step forward.

I decided to write this blog for me.  To remind me that I am strong when I am feeling weak and to remind me why I am doing this in the first place!

I would love for people to read along, follow and encourage me and maybe get inspired in the process but I am not expecting a large following.  Its running afterall and that is not for everyone

**But for 17 weeks its going to be a very large part of my life and I am ready!!


1 comment:

  1. I've found that by blogging about my good and bad days, poor and successful runs, and my other habits, I'm much more disciplined and more apt to stay motivated and push through the pain.

    ReplyDelete