Saturday, August 14, 2010

Driven

As we drive in the car on our way to Rehoboth beach, I have a lot of time to reflect on today's run and the week so why not blog about it!
Today I met up with Team Philly for our weekly distance run. Today's challenge- the loop at Kelly drive, which is 8.6 miles! First of all the weather was amazing today. It was about 75 degrees and breezy. A runner couldn't ask for better weather. I did not bring my iPod and instead ran and chatted with another woman training for the race. I also ran with her last week as well so it was nice to catch up and talk about how we are progressing with the training. It seemed to work out well for us today.

I think overall I felt strong during the first 7 miles. I enjoyed the views and the light conversation. With only a mile left, I suddenly felt tired and knew I needed fuel, which I did not bring. ( I must remember this for next time.)
Having someone to run with definitely helped me finish today. If I was by myself, I may have given up and started walking. I really wanted to stop at one point... But as we approached our finish line we both picked it up and sprinted to the end. What a feeling it was to complete the loop! I have always thought about running it but have never attempted it. So I am heading down to my beachy destination today with a clear mind and strong body.

Usually before a vacation, I get anxiety about packing, not forgetting anything and everything else that revolves around planning. Today I let It all go. My husband was in charge and when I came home the car was packed, the bikes were on the car and we were ready to go!
it's nice to know as distances increase, my husband will continue to support me and help
anyway he can so that I am able to accomplish what I set out to do.
Today I feel lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment