Monday, October 11, 2010

Check yourself

I feel like I have been going non-stop since school started back up.  Between running, work, and trying to keep up some sort of social life, I am beat.  The runs are getting longer and the days some how feel like they are getting shorter.  I don't feel like I have as much down time as I used to and am searching for any minute of rest I can get.  Today is Columbus Day and I had a much needed day off from school.

I started my day with going to Yogawood for a good stretch and to get some balance back in my life.  I am grateful that I live so close to this studio, walking distance actually, so I try to take advantage of the classes when I get a chance but usually once its night time, I am much less motivated to go to a class. I was much more active with this in the summer.

After yoga, I went for a 5 mile run.  I wasn't exactly sure how I was going to feel after class but it was a gorgeous day and that helped with motivation.  As I ran I felt very sore from my 13 mile run this passed Saturday.  It's possible that all of this exercise is catching up with me.  Up until the 16 mile run last week, I think (at least in my mind) I was able to handle the work, the social life, the running, the cross training and everything in between but for some reason after this week/weekend, I  feel incredibly drained, and am hitting a wall, so to speak.

The juggling act isn't working anymore. Don't get it wrong, I am not out every night partying by any means but between going out on some occasions, the craziness of the work day, and the normal everyday errands, its getting to me.  I was thinking today as I was walking up the steps carrying laundry that once very routine activities have now become so much harder.  Laundry, picking something up at the store after work, cooking, and cleaning are much more difficult than they used to be... 

This coming weekend is my first 18 mile run.  It will be longer than any distance I have ever run in my life! With that being said, I think this a very good time for me to take a breather. I still need to work hard during the day, get my runs in and cross train but I also need to remember that my training needs to consist of rest and relaxation as well.  

Stay tuned, 18 miles this Sat!! 

GO PHILLIES! 



No comments:

Post a Comment