Thursday, July 29, 2010

Feeling the vibe

Tuesday, I came home from a pretty long day of work.  It was more stressful than expected and I was happy to be home.I sat on my bed and contemplated running or not.  Basically with my training, I have to run 4 times per week, which includes one longer run, so it was either run Tuesday or Wednesday morning.  I was feeling kind of tired and was thinking, a run tomorrow might be nice.   I went online, checked my email, FB and then I checked my blog (hello - total procrastination!).  What I came to realize is that people are actually reading this and leaving me comments!  Reading your supportive words filled me with excitement.   so you can imagine how great I felt once I realized I might actually be encouraging others too!  After reading the comments people left after various posts, I was filled with energy and decided to run in the sun and I think I made the right choice.   I ran about 3 and 1/2 miles and tried to stay in the shade as much as possible.  I even tackled a few hills that I have avoided in the past.  I felt energetic and confident. I also felt proud that I did not push my training to another day.  So thank you to all who gave me that extra push that I needed yesterday!

After my run, I sat on my porch and enjoyed the moment.  Its a great feeling after finishing a run.  Even though it was only a short distance, I felt like I had accomplished something. I also felt that all the stress I was holding in all day had vanished.  It was nice.
I hope that I continue to have many more days like this, where the energy overtakes me, I go out and just enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. I know that after-run vibe! It's that amazing buzzing feeling...I'm finding that after a hard day, my training is actually the only thing that makes me feel "better" and fulfilled, especially when the downers of the day take away my sense of control ... power through that procrastination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally reading your blog! I think it keeps me motivated for my bike training when I read about all the running you are doing...I gotta do a 30-35 mile ride tomorrow! I am actually really looking forward to it cause its going to be so nice out!
    See you around 1230!

    ReplyDelete