Wednesday, August 4, 2010

And then she rested...

I have been thinking a lot about the challenges that stand before me.  This is not just about running and it isn't about one race.  Its about committing to something long term through good times and also very tough times. I have been thinking about the running group I joined.  I even had some feedback from you all as well and I greatly appreciate it.  I definitely see it as important and actually I see it as a necessity as mileage increases.  For some reason though, I just feel like the group is missing something - camaraderie perhaps?  Not sure but it is just a feeling I have...
 I have known about another group for a while now called Team Philly (you may have heard of them).  They meet on Saturdays at Kelley Drive for long runs as well as have other runs during the week.  The runs are coached and you also get a training program and a nifty jersey, lol, as well as much more.  It actually costs money to join and that is why I was apprehensive.  But then I got to thinking that the cost wasn't much more than I spend on other treats I enjoy like haircuts, pedicures, going out to dinner... So I decided to make the commitment, signed up and am happy.  The group has about 55 members and I am excited. I am also excited to get some feedback about my running as well.  The first run is this Sat and it is a 6 miler.  I will make sure to be hydrated and ready to run.  More to come.  Back to resting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment