Saturday, August 28, 2010

No turning back~

"You gotta have heart Sabatino!!" is what my college lacrosse coach use to say to me as well as the other team members. She would yell so loud when we were on the field, pounding her chest, yelling about digging deep and using our hearts.  She was a tough woman and made sure we stayed tough too.
 I thought about coach as I got to my 10th mile today. I was starting to hit the wall but knew I had 2 more to go.  I heard her voice and remembered that she believed in me and in our team. One game sticks in my mind. It was a rough one vs Trenton State and we lost. She was angry but during our 'after game talk' I remember her telling the team or maybe yelling at our team that more of them needed to be like Sabatino - "even when she falls she gets back up"
So Coach Whitcomb may never know it but she helped me complete 12 miles today. I used my strength but also used my heart.  It was a powerful moment for me to finish. I had been very nervous in the morning. I am not even sure why. It did hurt and I am sore but this feeling I have now makes it so worth it.     

No comments:

Post a Comment