Sunday, January 30, 2011

This is...IT?

 I went to the Sports Medicine Doc last week and am happy to report that my knee x-ray was clear of any injuries.  The doctor feels that I have a common running injury called - Iliotibial Band Syndrome or IBS, hahaha.  He showed me some stretches that allow me to stretch out my IT Band and he wants to do them everyday for 2 weeks, without running, and then once the 2 weeks are up, start running again as well as continuing with stretches and see if the pain subsided.  If it did, then "IBS" was the problem and if it continues, I may need to get an MRI.  

So needless to say I am happy and thankful that I did not injure myself during my marathon debut.  And there may even be another marathon in my future, down the road.  Since my last post, I have been getting into a new routine at the gym including ellipting, weights and even some classes including "bootcamp".  So there are alternatives and I am actually enjoying the change to the everyday running routine that I had been used to.  But I do miss jogging and and I do miss how I feel after completing a 6 miler or something along those lines.  But alas, there is snow on the ground and this is a great time to take a breather and explore other options.  Yoga is also something I am trying to do once a week which is great for me, both mentally and physically.  

On another note, Brian and I have been tackling some house projects such as painting and remodeling our office/guest room.  Since I started this blog and started my training, I also started taking note of all the other things I have been able to complete in my life, from start to finish as well as noting the things that I was not successful with seeing through.  You know what I am talking about, right? Things like finishing a book or a project around the house, or maybe even with keeping in touch with a long time friend!  This blog has helped me connect more with my thoughts and my commitments.  It has turned out to be about much more than just running.  From start to finish seems to have turned into a new way for me to think about my actions and follow through.  I am excited about the projects around the house and seeing the work that goes in as well as the finished product.  I am going to put some pics up soon of our office and show them - from start to finish! I am already proud of my husband's and my commitment to tackle it!

No comments:

Post a Comment