Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The waiting game-

I signed up for the Broad Street Run - the famous 10 miler in Philly.  I have run in it for the passed 3 years and was hoping to make this year my fourth and best Broad Street Run.  I figured, I ran a marathon so 10 miles should not be too difficult... But this was before I started having pain in my knee.  This is before, when I was running free! 

I went to my PCP and he was pretty cool.  He prescribed me an anti-inflammatory to take for 10 days.  Honestly, after only 2 days, the medication messed up my stomach pretty bad so I stopped taking it.  It just didn't seem worth it.  I mean after the second day, I ran and still had knee pain around mile 2.5 but I am not sure how fast it would work if inflammation was the issue... So I have an appt next week @ Rothman Orthopedics.  I will get an x-ray there and hopefully have some answers.  

I need answers. 

I am at the point where I am getting into another routine, gym, tan, laundry - haha just kidding... 
But seriously, I am going to the gym and doing yoga consistently so for now, I am ok with a "break" from jogging.  But I feel like I am at the point where I really want to know what to do about my knee and what is wrong with it.  Is it just a matter of rest or is it something where physical therapy will be needed or worse!  I just want to know!!

And I soon as I know, I will be sure to share...

No comments:

Post a Comment